Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon
Recipe supplied by Kimberly Roberto, co-author of Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
This is a great morning breakfast that is super-quick to make but it is quite elegant. You’ll feel as if you are having breakfast at a 5 star hotel.
Not a fan of salmon? Try smoked salmon. It has a smoky, bacon-y flavor. One other tip: Make sure you get wild caught, Alaskan salmon. Most grocery stores carry this item so it is easy to find.
- 2 tablespoons organic sour cream, organic full fat plain yogurt, or organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel (use a microplane)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- 4-6 organic, free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 slices wild caught Alaskan smoked salmon
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
Mix sour cream, yogurt, or cream, lemon juice, lemon peel, and thyme and salt/pepper in bowl. Whisk eggs and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Melt butter in a non-toxic pan (no teflon). Add green onion, if desired, and sautee for 1 minute. add eggs and cook until almost set, stirring often to scramble. Top eggs with thinly sliced smoked salmon and drizzle with lemon cream sauce.